ABOUT THIS COURSE
This basic video is aimed to beginners and will teach 'two common and basic seams' at a time (blind stitch and flat felled stitches) used to do upholstery. It will also teach how to pattern a seat.
This basic training will make you understand in a near future how to do real seats. The practice on small seats would make us save material and have a better understanding of the trade.
How to cover a plain seat with an oversewing
► Youtube online courses
► Learn at your own pace
► Basic level
• Duration: 1h 35m
• Videos: 1
• Voice: Yes
• Subtitutles: Only English
• PDF included
Duration: 1h 35m
• Determining the measures of our project
• Making the templates (without allowances)
• Verifying the templates and adding the "references marks"
• Making the templates with allowances
• Testing and understanding the templates
• Choosing the material
• Tracing the patterns on the wrong side of the material
• Cutting the pieces
• Choosing the right needle and thread
• Choosing the right length of the stitches to do the first "closing sewing"
• Doing a "helping guide of 1/2 of an inch wide in the "slide plate"
• Basting and sewing the cover
• Doing the flat-felled seams as a reinforcement
• Adding foam on the surface of the seat
• Fitting the cover and stapling it down